- A comprehensive reference to the extraordinary tales and legends of the ancient world's most fascinating and beguiling mythologies.
- An authoritative A to Z of the mythical figures of two great continents, with copious cross-references.
- Over 1,000 alphabetical entries describe the central mythical figures of each culture and their importance to the ancient civilizations of their day.
- Beautifully illustrated with over 1,000 images spanning fifteen centuries of fine art, from the ancient world to the present day, including specially commissioned artworks.
- Superb pictorial spreads on the mythical themes and symbols central to each culture.
- Lively and informed narrative by two expert authorities in their fields.
- Timeless in scope and appeal, a classic and enduring reference work.